Another fantastic year is coming to a close and I thought I should do a recap of some of the best places I’ve eaten this year.
10. Kittichai. I kicked off 2011 with this meal. While the restaurant has changed over the years, I still dig the vibe and love the food.
9. Limon San Francisco. It’s hard for me to turn down Peruvian food, especially when there’s ceviche involved, add my two favorite west coasters in the mix and you have the perfect meal.
8. good. The name says it all. Brunch is getting a bad rep these days, but it was well done at good and the price was right.
7. Sweet Life Café. I’m not a big fan of American food, but something about farm to table freshness makes it so worth it. No wonder the President and First Lady enjoy dining at this Martha’s Vineyard restaurant.
6. Atria. Three. Pound. Lobster. What more can I say?!
5. Morso. An Italian restaurant with Mediterranean influences. Fresh dishes with big taste.
4. The Mussel Pot. A restaurant dedicated to one of my favorite ingredients. It doesn’t hurt that their appetizers are also remarkable.
3. Miss Lily’s. Jamaican classics in a luncheonette style restaurant. Despite it’s sassy staff, the food will keep me coming back.
2. Momofuku Noodle Bar. David Chang has blown up in the last 5 years. To celebrate my birthday I enjoyed the Fried Chicken Dinner and have never looked at fried chicken the same way.
1. Matsuri. This was hands down the best meal I had this year. For Bestie’s birthday, we had an extended dining experience at Matsuri. So many items that we just couldn’t resist trying.
Honorable Mention: Smorgasburg! Okay fine, it’s not a restaurant but WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!
Can't wait to see what 2012 holds!!