Cooking was definitely the name of the game in 2011. I tried a number of new recipes, hosted a few feasting parties and generally ate quite well. Here’s a recap of the best recipe experiences.
10. Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Cheddar. I have no idea why I never tried this before. Thanks to Ms. O and Mr. M, I discovered the recipe and it is a new stable.
9. Homemade Ravioli Stuffed with Mushroom Spinach and Cheese. She was pretty quiet this year, but my guest blogger did bust on the scene with this pasta wonder.
8. Thai Glazed Salmon with Baby Bok Choy. Because with a dish this simple, you really don’t need to go to a restaurant.
7. Spicy Thai Cornish Hen. An impressive display when done right that will leave your guest staring in amazement.
6. Pulled BBQ Chicken. Fall off the bone good.
5. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Another spectacular breakfast dish from the Williams & Sonoma cookbook.
4. Catfish with Spicy Spinach and Peppers. Even with no running water in my apartment, I managed to create this meal.
3. Gnocchi. I had to pat myself on the back after I pulled this one off, although I could have done a better job with the sauce.
2. Crisp Crab Cakes. It was a big hit at Friendsgiving and will now be a staple at my dinner parties.
1. Seared Duck Breast with Chili Honey and Ginger Glaze. This was one of the restaurant quality dishes that leave me wondering if I should spend more time in the kitchen and less at the dining table.
Honorable Mention: Three Bean Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. Anything in a slow cooker is meant to be enjoyed and this chili was no exception.
I hope you enjoyed the recipes I shared this year and that you’ll stay tuned to the 2012 dishes. Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment