As a follow up to yesterday’s list, I gathered some of my favorite recipes from this year. This list was a bit harder to put together but I managed to select a few favorites.
1. Delightful Sunday Brunch I cooked up a storm of a brunch for some friends with french toast, chocolate chip pancakes, raspberry scones, amazing apple crumble and so much more
2. Puerto Rican Chicken in Green Sauce with Cilantro Rice the crock pot worked its magic as I tried to recreate my vacation eats
3. Scallops and More I was frightened to fail at making scallops, but turned out I'm a pretty good chef (and they're easy to work with)
4. Peruvian Roasted Chicken using mama bear's kitchen and a few ingredients I don't typically cook with, I made some magic
5. Shrimp Dumplings and Noodle Stir Fry my only little version of Iron Chef - secret ingredient: shrimp!
6. Pound Cake although my guests continued to call it cornbread, they knew that this sweet treat was definitely pound cake
7. Stovetop Chicken Parm this post continues to garner hits, I guess people really do love the idea of easy chicken parm
8. Margherita Pizza one of the more challenging dishes I made this year, but in the end turned out pretty well
9. Super Snickerdoodles monster size cookies that were almost too easy to make
10. Spaghetti & Shrimp Arrabiata an Italian classic that I typically make with Lobster but worked out quite well with shrimp
Honorable mention: Best Brownies EVER! I used this recipe multiple times and it looks like readers continue to search for it, but it's a little more complicated than brownies should be.
Any recipes you can’t wait to try? Let me know in the comments! Happy New Year! I can't wait to share new recipes next year :-)